Sunday, July 20, 2008

Much needed breaks

We had the best weekend ever I think. My parents, and my 2 sisters and their husbands got Greg and I a night away. We went to a little Bed and Breakfast in Provo called the Hines Mansion. It was really nice. We stayed in the room called the Seaside Retreat, and over the door it said Captain's Quarters. It was a small room, but in the bathroom it had a huge jacuzzi tub. It was nice. We went out to dinner at the Macaroni Grill, and then back to the B&B for some much needed R&R. It was so strange not having to worry about anything, and my mom is here from Alabama so she stayed with Dylan while we were away. It was so hard for me to find much more to talk about than Dylan and work, but somehow we managed, and I know that this weekend brought us closer together as a couple. They served us a hot breakfast this morning, and there were 3 other couples who ate with us. One was on their honeymoon, but they were like in their late sixties or so. They were so cute, and said that between the two of them they had 15 children, and I don't know how many grandchildren and great-grandchildren, but it was a lot. Another was also on their honeymoon, but they were a lot younger than the first. They were so cute though putting jam on eachother's muffins and such. I remember my honeymoon, and how oblivious I was to everything else around me. Being married, and having kids changes you a lot, and I am happy that they have so much to look forward to. The last was on their 1 year anniversary. They were cute, but almost too polite if you know what I mean. It made me laugh. Then there was Greg and I just there for a break from real life.
I am so thankful for family, and the love that we can all share. My family did this for my birthday next month, but I tell you it couldn't have come at a better time. I guess they figured we hadn't been away together by ourselves since Dylan was born, and he is almost 2 1/2 now. And then now with newbie coming it will probably be a long time again before we can go out together like this. So, to my family we send many thanks for the best weekend you could have ever given us.

3 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

I'm kind of jealous, what would a break like that be like? Wow. I couldn't do that anyways :) Bedrest, I'm not that lucky to beable to spend one on one time with my man and be comfortable. Maybe 8 weeks after the baby for us will be our time??? maybe not, then we'll have 5 who's going to want to help us with 5....Oh well who needs a break like that anyways :) LOVE YOU GUYS. Congrats on the early B-Day gift from you family.

Brooke Williams said...

hey, what a great getaway present! i'm glad you guys had fun--like you said, it'll probably be awhile till you get that chance again! hope you're doing well :)

Kelli Ward said...

im so glad it was great. you guys deserve it. happy early bday