Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 4th Weekend

We had a very relaxing weekend for Independence Day. We did not do a whole lot, but that is what made it so nice. Greg did work for a little while that day, but it turned out to be a good thing. He came home early, and we had lunch together, which NEVER happens on a weekday, and then we just hung around the house for a couple of hours. I went over and visited one of my good friends in the ward who had a baby boy on May 16th. He is so cute! I hunbg out there for a while and let the kids play. They had house guests at that time, and I have to hand it to them. I could not have done it. I would have gone crazy! Sorry, for those of you who do not know what I am talking about, but that is a entire story all in itself. Well, needless to say she needed a break, and so about 9pm on the 4th she and her family came over to play with fireworks for a while. My in-laws came over as well. It was so fun to watch the kids and see them jump when they were loud. The kids also got a real kick out of the sparklers. It was fun just to see their expressions of awe and amazement. They stayed for about an hour, and then it was off to bed! It was a great time with friends and family. I wanted my sister and her family to also come over, but they ended up with tickets to the Stadium of Fire. They said it was pretty good, but we missed them anyway. Coy, their daughter really loved the Hannah Montana part of it, and so I think it was worth it to have gone. I don't think that is something I would like to do though. The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful and nice. I love it when Greg gets 2 days off in a row, and we get to spend some real time together as a family.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Amber,
Unfortunately I was so young in San Antonio that I don't remember you, but I am sure Kari will! Her blog is allenandkari.blogspot.com. Drop her a line. I am sure she would love to hear from you.

Ty Lyman said...

I think it's great that ya'll had a great 4th. I guess I need to give ya a call. :)