Saturday, October 18, 2008

He's finally HERE!!!!

Well, I did it! I did not think it was possible, but I did. I was so nervous the entire night before, and the morning of, but all went well. He came into this world at 6 pounds 9 ounces, and 19.5 inches long. He hardly even cried! In fact I kept asking the doctor if he was ok, because he did not cry like Dylan did when he was born. Dylan was 7 pounds 12 ounces when he was born, and so it was a little easier this time around. I went into the hospital at 1pm on October 13th, and they started the pit at 3:30pm, and Caden David Watts was born at 7:41pm that same day! I was amazed! 4 ours and 11 minutes was all it took! I was in labor with Dylan for 11.5 hours before he was born, and so I guess you can see why I had nerves. Not to mention the fact that I was about to have 2 children instead of 1 now. I now have a newfound admiration for my mom. She had 8 of us, and I have NO idea how she did it. It amazes me that's for sure.
Dylan is such a great big brother. He loves Caden, but can only take so much of him at a time. He likes to hold himn, but we have to be there to help, because when he is done, he is done, and would drop him like a rock! Are all older 1st time siblings like this? I will have to post pictures later when I have more time, but do not fear. They are on their way soon!

4 comments:

Brittnie said...

Congrats guys! We are so happy that everything went well. Can't wait to see pictures!

Nancy said...

He sure is a cutie!! So glad all is well. Congratulations!

Chris & Kristen said...

Congratulations Amber! How very exciting.

Diane said...

Congratulations you guys!